Date(s) - 05/02/2016
La Trobe University
The next annual Victorian Archaeology Colloquium will be held at La Trobe University on Friday 5 February 2016. The Colloquium is a great opportunity for those working in Victorian archaeology to catch up, share ideas and hear about the results of recent work.
Registration is now open via here, and is inclusive of morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
Call for papers
If you are interested in presenting a paper at the Colloquium, please email your presentation title and abstract to Liz Foley.
Copies of the 2012-2015 Colloquium publication, Excavations, Surveys and Heritage Management in Victoria, are available for pre-order/purchase via here, and will also be available for purchase on the day.
Table of contents for Excavations, Surveys and Heritage Management in Victoria, volume 4 (2015)
- Landscape analysis in archaeology: Interpretation of Aboriginal campsites at ‘Greenhills’, Pakenham, David Rhodes and Katarina Audy
- Investigations of a Holocene floodplain landscape on the Goulburn River valley at Yea: Preliminary results, Martin Lawler, Rodney Monk, Andy I.R. Herries, Agathe Lisé-Pronovost, Rhiannon Ashton, Trish Terry and Ilya Berelov
- Revisiting Toolern Creek, Melton South: New perspectives from recent investigations of Victorian Aboriginal Heritage Register place ‘Atherstone South 6’, Paul Kucera, Meredith Filihia and Jasmine Scibilia
- Combining land-use history, ethnography, oral history and local legend: A case study from Lake Boga, northwestern Victoria., Renee McAlister
- Lessons from freshwater middens: Archaeological and Traditional Owner perspectives of the importance of these cultural sites from the central Murray River Valley, northwestern Victoria, Jillian Garvey and Darren Perry
- Evaluating the recording system for high- and low-density stone artefact occurrences in Victoria, Australia: A stone artefact analysis perspective, Caroline Spry
- Rescuing Aboriginal Remains: A challenge in sieving techniques when hand work is not an option, Roger Luebbers
- The Scottish pastoral landscape in Tullamarine, Victoria, Gary Vines
- Dairying in the Ranges, Gembrook, southeastern Victoria (1874–1901), Wendy Morrison
- Results of urban historical archaeological excavations at 593–597, 599 Little Lonsdale Street and 5–11 Altson Lane, Melbourne, Alison O’Connor
- Preliminary results of excavations at Langlands Iron Foundry and Stooke’s Shipping Butchers, 556-560 Flinders Street, Melbourne, Tom Mallett, Sarah Myers, Sarah Mirams, Felicity Coleman and Fiona Shanahan
- Experimenting with glass: Archaeology from the Royal Mail Hotel, Blackwood, Victoria, Maxine Boyd
Supporter<< Click here to go back to events page